Thursday, April 26, 2012

Updating my video card driver?

In order to play Portal 2 on my PC I've realized that I need a better video card driver.. (Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher)



How would I go about updating my driver? Is it something I have to buy, or do I download it on the Intel website? I tried to download it, but everything kept saying that my computer didn't meet the "minimal requirements" for the download.

Though, I have a Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit version, and I got the download for that.. :/|||You don't have the minimal requirements because that's not your video card driver. You must download drivers for your video card (you could have NVIDIA), which you didn't say. If you want to know your video card download GPU-Z (link below), when download has finish and installed, open the gpu-z.exe file and there is lots of info of your GPU (graphic card) and also the name of your graphic card. Then you can install the right drivers for your video card. HD Graphics 2000 higher means you must have a graphic card that is higher than an "HD 2000" (its not the driver version its the GPU Hardware).



So if you have an ATI higher then "HD 2000" your OK. If not, you have to buy a new graphic card for your PC. If you want to play Portal 2 only, get an "HD 4350" It will be the cheapest.





Also if you have an NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or higher, your OK. If not, you must also buy a better video card. the "9800GTX+" will be the cheapest and it will run very good for that game.



Hope I helped ;)|||here is the software that can help you download the video card driver to the newest version which correspond with your computer and absolutely safe. Good luck!

http://www.download-drivers.org/video-ca…|||It sounds like you need a better video card. That's hardware, something you would have to buy. You can't download hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment