Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I update my Video Card drivers when windows won't load?

I have had a problem with my computer being unstable. I sent my video card in to get fixed. Not to long after I got it back my computer suddenly craped out. It would have artifacts all over the screen during startup and the screen would turn off before windows started. Fans and lights were still running, but my screen would turn off. I sent the video card in again and recently got it back. Just as before the same thing has happened. Someone suggested that it could be the drivers so how do I update drivers when I cant even get to windows|||Try going into safe mode. Press F8 repeatedly when you start the computer. Choose Safe mode with networking (or get the drivers from someone else's computer). Update the drivers by going to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Display Adapters > double-click your video card > driver > update driver.|||Go on another computer and download the drivers onto a floppy disk and insert that into the computer and enter the BIOS screen. From there you should be able to load the drivers. However, the easier way of doing it would be to install the video card in another machine and if that one works then you know it isnt the video card that is causing you problems.|||switch from windows to ubuntu linux,, its free and will detect and download the drivers for you.



At least you will be able to use your pc and once you used it, you will never want to go back to redmond's monster|||yes try going into safe mode by pressing f8 during bootup and have a disk with the drivers ready

No comments:

Post a Comment