Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I update my video card driver on Windows XP?

I have a NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 with 128 MB and I want a GeForce FX 5900 or higher. Can someone tell me exactly where to get this and how? I went to the NVIDIA site but I was confused and didn't know what version I was updating. o.0|||the fx 5900 is a different card. updating the driver wont make it a 5900 (unless im horribly mistaken which im pretty sure im not)

ok, the best advice i can give you is GET A NEW VIDEO CARD.

the fx 5200 is very outdated. i have one in an old rig i lend to friends to LAN with. It is a rubbish card by todays standards using outdated technology.

What exactly do you want to use the card for?

If its gaming then you will definitely need a new card, otherwise the one you have will be fine.

So, to sum it up: you cant change the card by downloading drivers. to get an fx 5900 you will have to buy one. If you are planning to use the card for gaming or something, get new one.|||Go to Nvidia's site, and download the latest drivers. Once downloaded, just launch the executable and follow the instructions.



Updating your drivers does NOT give you a new card. The card is defined by the chip on the card, not by the software that controls it.|||http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

go to that site, select your video card / and operating system, and download the lastest driver

No comments:

Post a Comment