Thursday, April 26, 2012

Unable to update video card driver?

I've had this problem for a while. I have a lot of different online games that I love, but I can't run them from the new computer I got about 2 weeks ago. I get messages telling me to update my video card driver. I went to the Intel site to update it, but it's unable to update them.



I did a scan to find updates on the Intel site, and it said the product was Intel® 945G and the driver is 6.14.10.4410. when I look in my display settings, it says i have the Intel 82945g Express Chipset Family. I really don't understand this sort of thing, so I can't give much more info.



Would it be okay for me to just download a new driver from Nvidia or another provider, or would that ruin my computer? I just spent about 27$ on Minecraft, and I'd hate for my video card driver to waste that money.|||Type Device Manager into the start menu search box. Open device manager and look for Display Adapter. Expand Display Adapters, Right click on your display adapter and select update driver software. Search Automatically for updated software.

When you expand the Display Adapter it will give the information for you to search for the updated drivers yourself if you prefer.

Edit-your computer manufacturer might also offer updated graphics driver for your computer model.

No comments:

Post a Comment